Personal Injury Law

Personal Injury Law Question? Ask Personal Injury Lawyers.

My wife tells me after a year of unprotected sex that she…

Customer Question
My wife tells me after...
My wife tells me after a year of unprotected sex that she has herpes; what are the legal ramifications of this? I have not been tested yet and the chances of a man getting it are less than a woman but didn 't she have a legal responsibility to tell me? If it was aids she whould have!
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Personal Injury Law
3/12/2010
Personal Injury Lawyer: Attorney & Mediator, Attorney replied 8 years ago
Attorney & Mediator
If you were not married she could be charged with assault and battery as she is passing on a sexually transmitted disease to hurt the other partner. However in most married situations the "victim" spouse can sue the other for interspousal infliction of sexually transmitted disease if the "victim" spouse becomes affected, most end up divorced and obtain compensation this way for their treatments. It is also possible to obtain an annulment if she had this condition before marriage (under the grounds of concealing a venereal disease).

Please click accept, it is greatly appreciated. To request me for future questions, please begin your question with “Attention lawNinvest” Thank you.

_______________________________________________

Please Note: My answer or reply is limited to your facts presented and additional information you post may not come in after my reply or answer has posted, if this has occurred please let me know and I will answer further. Due to site tech reasons, oftentimes I am initially only able to see the first part of your post, so this may result in more interactions between us. There might also be a delay in my reply or answers, as I may be helping other customers, or called away from my office or have logged off. Please be assured your question(s) will be answered promptly.

If I have been helpful, please click Accept for my time and research, this is the only way I get paid. If you need more help or clarification, please click reply. Positive Feedback is greatly appreciated and reciprocated. Feedback should relate to customer service and not about the law, which I have no control over. You can always request me through my profile here or beginning your question with “Attention lawNinvest” Thank you.

Legal Disclaimer. The information given by me is not legal advice. I am not establishing an attorney-client relationship with you. I am providing only research, resources and information only for you to be informed and educated about your particular needs and my answer is limited to the facts presented. You are only paying me for such information given. No part of this disclaimer can be copied or reproduced without the express consent of the owner [lawNinvest]. Thank you.