Personal Injury Law

Personal Injury Law Question? Ask Personal Injury Lawyers.

If a person went to the er for bleeding from the rectom and…

Customer Question
if a person went to...
if a person went to the er for bleeding from the rectom and was told by a charge nurse that you are dieing and 12 hours later was told that it was just a broken blood vessel.can he sue
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Personal Injury Law
3/4/2010
Personal Injury Lawyer: Lucy, Esq., Attorney replied 8 years ago
Lucy, Esq., Attorney
Hi Lancy,

Thank you for using Just Answer. In a medical malpractice case, there are two major components: liability and damages. First, you would need to establish that the diagnosis was wrong. Then, you would need to establish damages from the misdiagnoses. Even though you suffered distress, because you were not in actual danger, and you did not require additional treatment or surgery as a result of the misdiagnoses, it would be difficult to establish damages.

Unfortunately, from what you said, it does not sound like you have a suit against the hospital. I apologize if that was not the answer you were looking for, but I'm glad to hear that you are not dying.