How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Roger Your Own Question
Roger, Attorney
Category: Personal Injury Law
Satisfied Customers: 31733
Experience:  BV Rated by Martindale-Hubbell; SuperLawyer rating by Thompson-Reuters
Type Your Personal Injury Law Question Here...
Roger is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I was getting off the city bus, and slip and fractured my ankle,

Customer Question

I was getting off the city bus, and slip and fractured my ankle, had surgery a week ago, missed 3wks of work. The bus operator admit to the accident. I need to know what type of case do I have. I was also carried by ems to the hospital, took xrays, mri and is currently seeing an orthopedic surgeon for this injury, I have 2 screws and a plate. I am having a difficult moment, doctor has order home health services to come and help me, before this accident, I was and still is a med student pursuing my Ph.d in Internal Medicine.
Submitted: 7 years ago via Nolo Press.
Category: Personal Injury Law
Expert:  Roger replied 7 years ago.

Hi - You have a personal injury claim against the city for negligence. You should visit and search for a personal injury attorney in your area.


The attorney will have a doctor evaluate your condition and help in formulating your damages associated with this incident.


Because you're suing the city, there are specific hoops you have to jump through to validate your claim. Thus, it is imperative that you hire an attorney to assist you.

Roger and 2 other Personal Injury Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
question? I went to that website, most of the firms are not in my area of town and city, is there any one in particular that you can give me, I would appreciate it much. again thank you for your assistance and help in this matter.
Expert:  Roger replied 7 years ago.

If there are no attorneys listed in your immediate area, you may have to venture out to a neighboring town or city.


I cannot recommend a particular attorney, but you should be able to locate someone within your general area that handles these sorts of cases. In fact, if you're suing the city, it is probably to go to another town for a lawyer. Most attorneys that live in your hometown aren't going to be willing to sue it.