How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Law Educator, Esq. Your Own Question
Law Educator, Esq.
Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Category: Personal Injury Law
Satisfied Customers: 118236
Experience:  Licensed Attorney. Over 20 years experience in personal injury and law enforcement.
Type Your Personal Injury Law Question Here...
Law Educator, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I had two disk removed and spinal fusion. Nerve damage in right

Customer Question

I had two disk removed and spinal fusion. Nerve damage in right leg and continous pain. I made $900 weekly and have been declared disable by my dr. Can only lift up to 20lbs and occasionally bend or twist. I only have an eight grade education and have only done physical labor. I have applied everywhere and can not find a job. How would i calculate my lost wages, pain and suffering and prognosis is to stay the way i am not change. Accident at work. My accident wad July 28th, 2006.
Submitted: 8 years ago.
Category: Personal Injury Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 8 years ago.
The way your lost wages would be calculated would be based upon the highest income on the last job you held before your injury. As far as pain and suffering, if this is a workers compensation injury claim, you are not entitled to pain and suffering. All you would be entitled to would be a settlement based upon the permanancy of your disability based upon the disability rating given by your doctor. At this point you MUST get an attorney to deal with this for you and most workers comp attorneys handle these cases on a contingency basis and they will have an actuarial analysis done with your wages/age and disability to determine the most accurate value for your case.

I hope you found my answer helpful, please click on the GREEN ACCEPT for my answer. This is necessary for me to be paid for my work and so that I can get credit for assisting you. Your question will not close, and you will still have the opportunity to follow-up if needed. Leaving a bonus and positive feedback is not required, but doing so is certainly appreciated!

If you have additional questions, please keep in mind that I do not know what you already know or don't know, or with what you need help, unless you tell me. Please consider that I am answering the question or question that is posed in your posting based upon my reading of your post and sometimes misunderstandings can occur. If I did not answer the question you thought you were asking, please respond with the specific question you wanted answered.

Also remember, sometimes the law does not support what we want it to support, but that is not the fault of the person answering the question, so please be courteous.

There can also be a delay of an hour or more in between my answers because I may be helping other customers or taking a break.

You can always request me through my profile at or beginning your question with “For PaulMJD…”

Law Educator, Esq. and 2 other Personal Injury Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 8 years ago.

You were very helpful please answer one more wuestion. How do I calculate the rating. Back injury and say 75 % disabled?



Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 8 years ago.
The doctor who is treating you must give the disability rating and it is calculated based upon the work you are able to perform and your condition. Thus, you need to ask your treating doctor to calculate this for you.