Personal Injury Law

Personal Injury Law Question? Ask Personal Injury Lawyers.

i was in an accident on i-95 in florida where a pepsi trucks…

Customer Question
i was in an accident...
i was in an accident on i-95 in florida where a pepsi trucks' hand cart fell off the back and cause damage to my car(front hood, driver headlight, front bumper,and front driver panel) i suffered no injury. i was able to maintain control of the vehicle and tried to get the driver of the truck to pull over, he would not pull over and pretended not even to see me. i was able to track down where the driver worked out of and even had my car appraised but did not sign papers yet, this has all been done after i filed a report with highway patrol and they asisted in tracking down where the driver and which location was responsible. they are offering me a total amount that would cover the damage to the car but nothing for the hassled cause since i have received tickets because of the damage brought on to the car because of the accident what should i do?
Submitted: 9 years ago.Category: Personal Injury Law
3/1/2009
Personal Injury Lawyer: Personal Injury Pro, Attorney replied 9 years ago
Personal Injury Pro

I am a FL licensed attorney and will be happy to answer your quesiton. If you were not physically injured, then under FL law, you are only entitled to the property damages to the vehicle. If you drove the vehicle while it was not up to FL specs and received tickets for that, you cannot recover the amount of the tickets. You may be able to bill for the time you had to spend in tracking down the vehicle, but if they are not offering this to you, your only remedy is to sue them for the money you are requesting. Please click ACCEPT so I can get credit for helping you. We can continue our conversation after this at no additional charge. Thanks!

Personal Injury Pro
is it wise to sue in a situation like mine?

To be quite honest with you, no it's not. That's because you will have to pay $295 to even file the small claims action in Palm Beach County. You already are being offered the money for your car damages, but if you are denied the money for your time foe having to track this company down, you are going to be out the $295 for filing the action. If you were my client, I would advise that you get several estimates for your car, pick the highest 3, and submit them to the company. Then, if they don't pay you, you should sue.

Can I ask you a favor? I have 5 more minutes to get your accept on my answer or it will be rolled over to the month of April. I will keep helping you, but if you could please go ahead and accept my answer, I would really appreciate it. Thanks.

how can we keep in contact

You're the best! Thank you! You can post any additional questions here. I will continue to help you at no additional charge. I always tell my customers that even if they come back to their post a year from now, I will keep helping them.