Pediatrics

Have pediatric questions? Ask a pediatrician.

Ask a Doctor,

My 3 1/2 year old son is out of control. We get kicked out…

Customer Question
My 3 1/2 year old...
My 3 1/2 year old son is out of control. We get kicked out of everywhere we go, including my parents house. He hits and kicks me. Today he said he hates me. I have taken him to behaviorist, but that was a waste of time. I think he has ADHD. I am on Adderall XR. I am going to take him to the drug doctor on Friday to see if there is any medication he could take. What could be wrong with him? Also, he will not potty train. He refuses to use the potty.
Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Pediatrics
4/4/2018
Pediatrician: Dr. Yogindra Vasavada, Pediatrician replied 2 months ago
Dr. Yogindra Vasavada
Dr. Yogindra Vasavada, Pediatrician

Hi, Sorry about this difficulty. Seems to be extreme defiance.

He is now old enough for disciplining so please liberally use rewards with progressively stiffer punishments for his bad or good behaviour.

Drug is generally not given at this age, which start after about six years.

Good luck.