Pediatrics

Have pediatric questions? Ask a pediatrician.

Ask a Doctor,

My daughter is five and recently had surgery-tonsillectomy.

Customer Question
My daughter is five...

My daughter is five and recently had surgery-tonsillectomy. She complained tonight of weird vision. Almost like the TV was rotating.

Doctor's Assistant: How have your child's checkups gone? Is your child progressing steadily in height and weight?

She's WNL

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in the child's medical history you think the doctor should know?

No, one pupil may be slightly larger than the other? I've just noticed. It is a slight difference

Submitted: 20 days ago.Category: Pediatrics
4/3/2018
Pediatrician: Sumanth Amperayani, Pediatrician replied 20 days ago
Sumanth Amperayani
Sumanth Amperayani, Pediatrician

Hi,Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm Dr. Sumanth. I've 13years of experience in the field of Pediatrics. I'm currently reviewing your query, be back ASAP.

Hello... I understand your concern.

I need some more information please.

1. Are her eyes moving jerkily sideways or vertically?

2. Is she having any headache or nausea or vomiting?

3. How are the pupils reacting to light?

4. Is she comprehending well and talking normally?

5. Is there any high grade fever?

6. Is she currently on any medications please?

Please get back to me with the above information so that I can guide you better.

Kind regards ***** ***** Sumanth Amperayani

Customer reply replied 19 days ago

Singulair, zyrtec, Motrin for pain. Pupils react to light fine, no weird eye movements, no fever, she is acting normally otherwise.

Can eye fatigue cause this wobbly vision?

Pediatrician: Sumanth Amperayani, Pediatrician replied 19 days ago

Hi...thank you for getting back with the necessary information.

As you have ruled out all the red flag signs from the history which you have given, you need not be worried about this at all.

As she is completely normal now - you need not worry at all.

Eye fatigue cannot cause this wobbly vision.

Is she still complaining of such vision please?

I feel that she might have been feeling sleepy due to Zyrtec.

Is she is not complaining of this again, just leave it alone, but if it is recurrent - then get an ophthalmology check up done please.

" I sincerely ***** ***** I have helped you, and that I have earned my 5 star rating today! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen (this is the only way we professionals get credited for our time and professional effort). We can continue here until you are satisfied, simply use the reply box and let me know.

A bonus is highly appreciated....Thank you!".

If you are happy with my interaction and guidance, next time if you have any health concern, you can approach me directly at the following link please -

https://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-drsumanth/?rpt=3800

Sumanth Amperayani
Sumanth Amperayani
Sumanth Amperayani, Pediatrician