Pediatrics

Have pediatric questions? Ask a pediatrician.

Ask a Doctor,

My 10 yr old keeps saying shes weak. Her legs feel weak. No…

Customer Question
My 10 yr old...

My 10 yr old keeps saying shes weak. Her legs feel weak.

Doctor's Assistant: What seems to make the symptoms worse or better? Have you noticed any swelling?

No swelling. I think once she starts walking

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in the child's medical history you think the doctor should know?

She has asthma...lately it's been bad

Submitted: 21 days ago.Category: Pediatrics
Answered in 1 hour by:
4/3/2018
Pediatrician: Dr. Saha, Doctor replied 21 days ago
Dr. Saha
Dr. Saha, Doctor

Thank you for your question.
I am Dr Saha, I shall try my best to help you.

Since when is she feeling like this?

Did she have any test?

Customer reply replied 21 days ago
i believe its been about 3 days now

Is there any fever? redness or swelling?

Customer reply replied 21 days ago
she has not had any test done. On Saturday, in the morning she was fine. come afternoon, shes almost crying to me saying she was not feeling good. I thought maybe its her allergies. So i gave her, her allergy meds. and her inhaler. but nothing worked. I was thinking that her asthma. I dont know anymore...
she has not had any fever nor swelling.

Thank you for all the information,
I am sorry for her symptoms.
Weak feeling can be from a few causes.
There can be dehydration, electrolyte changes.
Anemia or low hemoglobin, vitamin deficiency can cause it.
If she feels it in legs only then a neurological issue should be ruled out.
I would suggest to take her to doctor.
Blood work can be taken after examination.
Please give her plenty of fluid.
Pedialyte can be given.
I hope this information helps.
If there’s anything else I can do, please let me know.
Wish her early recovery.
Please click on 5 star rating if you are satisfied with my answer.
Regards.

Customer reply replied 21 days ago
she is a very picky eater..We do not eat meat in the home, but we do eat fish, Julia on the other hand does not eat any of it. She eats her organic mac and cheese, soy hot dogs, kettle corn, plus things that are spicy...just simple things....She has a terrible tummy. shes lactose intolerant, pretty strong. I have her taking lactaid pills every time she eats, because of her tummy. She is on a multitude of vitamins. The flinstones that have iron. and another type for kids who are vegan. I also give her, B12. 1 spray a day.

She is taking the supplements already.

It is good.

She would need an examination if she continues to complain of weakness.

Dr. Saha
Dr. Saha
Dr. Saha, Doctor