Pediatrics

Have pediatric questions? Ask a pediatrician.

Ask a Doctor,

I have a 4 year old boy who will turn 5 on 4th April 2018.

Customer Question
Hello my name is*****...

Hello my name is***** have a 4 year old boy who will turn 5 on 4th April 2018. He has been diagnosed with mild autism. He is a very loving child. Loves to talk, learn new things and is very curious about every new thing he comes across. But he has a very aweful habit. If someone touches his things he is playing with or writing with or any of his possession he is dealing with at that time,he would go and run that thing on them to kind of cancel their touch. He would do the same thing if he doesn’t like somebody’s touch even if it’s me. If not fulfilled or if denied he would cry and cry and try to do the same thing till he is satisfied and till his wish is fulfilled.

Doctor's Assistant: Have you seen a doctor about this yet? What medications are you taking?

I told a physiologist I went to who diagnosed him with mild Autism but he couldn’t say anything on this. Also his diagnosis about my son was just by looking at him and his actions.

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the psychologist should know?

My son is not been prescribed any medications

Submitted: 24 days ago.Category: Pediatrics
4/2/2018
Pediatrician: Sumanth Amperayani, Pediatrician replied 23 days ago
Sumanth Amperayani
Sumanth Amperayani, Pediatrician

Hi,Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm Dr. Sumanth. I've 13years of experience in the field of Pediatrics. I'm currently reviewing your query, be back ASAP.

Hi... I understand your concern but I need more information before guiding you further on this.

Please answer the questions below -

1. What is the exact date of birth?
2. What was the birth weight?
3. What is the current weight and length of the kid?
4. Did the baby cry immediately after birth?
5. Was the baby breast fed in the first 24 hours of life?
6. When did the baby attain social smile?
7. When did the baby roll over (at what age)?
8. At what age did the baby sit without support?
9. At what age did the baby stand without support?
10. When did the baby start saying mama - dada?

11. Did the baby get seizures any time?

12. How many words does the kid's vocabulary contain now?

13. Does he express his wants by words or by sign language?

14. How is his mingling with other kids and strangers?

15. Does he have stereotyping play or imaginative play?

16. Does he have or express any symptoms like temper tantrums or excessive anger (I just wanted to clarify as this seems to be more of a problem like excessive possessiveness but touching is not fitting in).

Kind regards ***** ***** Sumanth Amperayani

Pediatrician: Sumanth Amperayani, Pediatrician replied 22 days ago

Hi, just checking in to see how things are going. Do you need further assistance?

I will be glad to be of assistance to you if you have any further questions in this health regard please

Kind regards – Dr. Sumanth Amperayani

Dr. Yogindra Vasavada
Dr. Yogindra Vasavada
Dr. Yogindra Vasavada, Pediatrician