Pediatrics

Have pediatric questions? Ask a pediatrician.

Ask a Doctor,

My 2 1/2 toddler is having really bad allergies. She is

taking hydroxycine in the morning...
My 2 1/2 toddler is having really bad allergies. She is taking hydroxycine in the morning and levocetrizine at night. We started Flonase also today and going to see how that will work out for her. So far the other two meds combo is not helping with her itching. Her allergies at night specially is so bad that she just throws herself around out of frustration. We also use steroid cream for her skin and that seems to not work also. What else can we do for her?
3/29/2018
Dr. Saha
Dr. Saha, Doctor

My name is*****
Welcome to JustAnswer.
I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply momentarily.

Thank you for waiting.
I am sorry for her symptoms.
She is taking antihistamines.
Local steroid cream is also being used.
Now, a short course of oral steroid can be tried.
You can discuss it with her doctor.
I hope this information helps.
If there’s anything else I can do, please let me know.
Wish her early recovery.
Please click on 5 star rating if you are satisfied with my answer.
Regards.

Customer reply replied 24 days ago
They told us they don’t want to do oral steroid because of her age.

Short course is usually not concerning.

Did she have allergy test?

Customer reply replied 24 days ago
Not yet will get it done after this allergy episode. Do they make liquid form of steroid?

Prednisolone oral solution is available.

Customer reply replied 24 days ago
One last thing why does she always get bad at night

In resting conditions when a person is relaxed, itching can be prominent.

Dr. Saha
Dr. Saha, Doctor
Dr. Saha
Dr. Saha
Dr. Saha, Doctor