Pediatrics

Have pediatric questions? Ask a pediatrician.

Ask a Doctor,

My grandson age 3 in may came for a week visit on Friday. My…

My grandson age 3...

My grandson age 3 in may came for a week long visit on Friday. My daughter informed me he had has a stomach virus and a cold or flu a week prior to him coming. When he arrived at my home he seemed fine. Saturday and Sunday he was fine. Normal appetite . He did not have a bowel movement however until Monday. His bm was normal. Mushy and not formed. He normally has bms daily. Tuesday he developed a fever 103.4 underarm. I gave Tylenol and it dropped fever to 98.7 underarm. His fever came and went all day Tuesday and now today. It is substantially lower today. The highest it has gotten has been 101.5 . He also developed a rash that I noticed on tuesday. I thought maybe a food allergy. I gave him chocolate silk milk. About 6 ozs. I'm not sure what to do about his bms, his fever. The rash is not red anymore but he still has lots of tiny bumps all over. No other symptoms. When his fever is down he runs and plays like normal. What should I do?

Doctor's Assistant: Do you have a fever? Do you have any other existing medical conditions?

Yes he has a fever. No he does not have existing medical conditions.

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in the child's medical history you think the doctor should know?

He is a little behind on his vaccines bit his mom is getting them up to date

3/29/2018
Dr. Saha
Dr. Saha, Doctor

My name is*****
Welcome to JustAnswer.
I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply momentarily.

Does the rash itch?

Does he have any other symptom, nausea, vomiting?

Customer reply replied 21 days ago
The rash does not appear to itch or hurt. No nausea or vomiting. No other symptoms .

Thank you for all the information,
I am sorry for his symptoms.
The symptoms can be from a viral infection.
It can cause fever, rash & other symptoms.
Viral infection usually subsides in 3-5 days.
His fever is coming down.
You can continue tylenol as required.

Motrin can be given too.
Please give him plenty of fluid, pedialyte, soup.
Rice based diet would be tolerated well.
If you feel he is getting worse, I would suggest to take him for an examination by doctor.
I hope this information helps.
If there’s anything else I can do, please let me know.
Wish him good health.
Please click on 5 star rating if you are satisfied with my answer.
Regards.

Customer reply replied 21 days ago
What can I do about his lack of bowel movements.

Fever can cause dehydration.
This can cause problem in moving bowel.
Please give fruit, vegetables too.
You can use a glycerin suppository.

Dr. Saha
Dr. Saha, Doctor
Customer reply replied 21 days ago
Great. Thank you Dr. Saba.
Dr. Saha
Dr. Saha
Dr. Saha, Doctor