Pediatrics

Have pediatric questions? Ask a pediatrician.

Ask a Doctor,

My 2 1/2 year old was diagnosed with an ear and eye

My 2 1/2 year...

My 2 1/2 year old was diagnosed with an ear and eye infection. He has had a fever for 4 days now that can get up to 104degrees. When we try to give him his antibiotics he spits some of it up. How many days is too long for the fever? I don’t know what to do.

Doctor's Assistant: How long have you had a fever? Do you have any respiratory symptoms?

He has had a fever for 4 days now. Yes he is coughing constantly

3/29/2018
Dr. Saha
Dr. Saha, Doctor

Thank you for your question.

I am Dr Saha, I shall try my best to help you.

Was he seen by doctor? when?

Did you start antibiotic?

Is he taking any other medicine?

He saw the doctor 2 days ago and was given antibiotics. Yes we started them that night but he spits some of the antibiotics up. He is taking Tylenol and Motrin rotation every 3 hours

Thank you for all the information,
I am sorry for his symptoms.
Antibiotic can take approx 72 hours to show some effect.
He is spitting up some of the amount.
As it is happening every time, hen you can increase the amount a bit to compensate the loss.
If the throwing up is too much, you should consult his doctor again.
Taste of medicine can differ.
Doctor can give different brand or an antibiotic from different group so that he may not vomit.
I hope this information helps.
If there’s anything else I can do, please let me know.
Wish him good health.
Please click on 5 star rating if you are satisfied with my answer.
Regards.

Dr. Saha
Dr. Saha, Doctor
Thank you for your response.