Pediatrics

Have pediatric questions? Ask a pediatrician.

Ask a Doctor,

My 2 year old son has been sleeping a lot yesterday and

Customer Question
My 2 year old...

My 2 year old son has been sleeping a lot yesterday and today. Called doctor but cannot get in until Friday

Doctor's Assistant: How have your child's checkups gone? Is your child progressing steadily in height and weight?

Yes, growing along the curve and otherwise normal

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in the child's medical history you think the doctor should know?

No, over all healthy boy.

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Pediatrics
Answered in 1 hour by:
3/29/2018
Pediatrician: Sumanth Amperayani, Pediatrician replied 4 months ago
Sumanth Amperayani
Sumanth Amperayani, Pediatrician

Hi,Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm Dr. Sumanth. I've 13years of experience in the field of Pediatrics. I'm currently reviewing your query, be back ASAP.

Hello... I understand your concern.I need some more information please.1. Is he running any temperature?
2. Is he having any vomiting or decreased urine output?
3. Did he complain any headache or did he have any altered behaviour in the past 48-72 hours?
4. Is he having any weakness of any particular part of the body?
5. How was his appetite before sleeping?
6. Did you give any over the counter antihistamine or anti allergy or cold medication?Please get back to me with the above information so that I can guide you better.Kind regards ***** ***** Sumanth Amperayani
No tempature 98.8* rectally, no vomiting, 4 wet diapers, no poop today, normal stool yesterday. No headache or change in behavior other than sleeping a lot. No weakness, ate normal breakfast and lunch, didn’t want dinner but drinking normal water and juice. Only thing he’s had medication wise is his daily vitamin.
Hi... As there are no Red flag signs from the information which I have gathered from you I do not think that there is anything for you to worry about it.
There are no loose motions and his urination seems to be normal with 4 wet diapers.
He has fed well and there is no signs of central nervous system involvement causing excessive sleep.
So I think there is nothing for you to worry about him and I suggest that you let him sleep well.
Probably it could be fatigue which he is taking rest for.
If he looks dehydrated or if he is excessively sleepy even after getting up by himself then you get back to me.
But as of now I suggest that you do not wake him up to feed and let him wake up by himself.
" I sincerely ***** ***** I have helped you, and that I have earned my 5 star rating today! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen (this is the only way we professionals get credited for our time and professional effort). We can continue here until you are satisfied, simply use the reply box and let me know.A bonus is highly appreciated....Thank you!".If you are happy with my interaction and guidance, next time if you have any health concern, you can approach me directly at the following link please -https://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-drsumanth/?rpt=3800Kind regards ***** ***** Sumanth Amperayani

Hi, just checking in to see how things are going. Do you need further assistance?

I will be glad to be of assistance to you if you have any further questions in this health regard please

Kind regards – Dr. Sumanth Amperayani