Pediatrics

Have pediatric questions? Ask a pediatrician.

Ask a Doctor,

Thursday all my bowel kobemtb were dark. Friday and Saturday…

Hi. Thursday all my bowel...
Hi. Thursday all my bowel kobemtb were dark green. Friday and Saturday they were a normal color but mushy. Sunday they looked bloody (I attached a photo) but accredited it to eating too many twizzlers and tomato sauce the night before. Sunday night I had watery yellow diarrhea so I sipped some pedialyte and drank water. Today, Monday. The first time I’ve gone to the bathroom all day and it’s NEON green! What does this mean?
Customer reply replied 26 days ago
Here are the attachments
3/26/2018
Dr. Saha
Dr. Saha, Doctor

Thank you for your question.
I am Dr Saha, I shall try my best to help you.

Customer reply replied 26 days ago
I should add I had cdiff back in November but it was cleared up December & I recently got an MRI of my abdomen and the results said everything was fine

I am sorry for your health condition.
There are a few causes for the green color of the stool.

Green stools usually occurs when food has passed through the intestines faster than normal before bile could be changed from green to brown.

In infection or inflammation, there is decrease in colon transit time, making the stool green.

Though c diff infection was in November, it was cured, it can be a different or repeat infection.

There are other causes like food colors or colored food particles, I think you did not take any.

As there is loose stool, infection is more likely.

Antibiotic will be required to cure the infection.

I would advise to get an examination by doctor & have stool tests.

I hope this information helps.
If there’s anything else I can do, please let me know.
Wish your early recovery.
I would expect 5 star rating if you are satisfied with it.
Regards.

Customer reply replied 26 days ago
Hi will my regular primary care provider be able to treat me?

Yes, you can contact regular primary care provider.

Physical examination and stool test can give a clue.

Take adequate fluid to prevent dehydration.

Dr. Saha
Dr. Saha, Doctor
Dr. Saha
Dr. Saha
Dr. Saha, Doctor