Pediatrics

Have pediatric questions? Ask a pediatrician.

Ask a Doctor,

My 2 years old was vomiting continuously over. 35 hours

Customer Question
My 2 years old...

My 2 years old was vomiting continuously over. 35 hours period (max she was going was about 40 mins to sleep and then vomiting would start). She ended up throuwing up stomach bile - excessive amounts of because she hasn’t been eating. She went to hosp and her blood sugars had dropped to 1.9 and after a lot of sugar water and a concentrated glucose shot it crept up to over 3 which is when we were sent home. While we were there my sister who went with me noticed her soles and palm looked yellow. 24 hours after being discharged from hospital my child still not eating or drinking and her soles are increasingly yellow in colour. Could the regurgitation of bile over the last couple of days caused any problems in her liver?

Doctor's Assistant: In general, how has your health been lately?

My child

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in the child's medical history you think the doctor should know?

Nothing current - she was premature (34 weeks) and was jaundiced which is common

Submitted: 30 days ago.Category: Pediatrics
3/24/2018
Pediatrician: Dr. Saha, Doctor replied 30 days ago
Dr. Saha
Dr. Saha, Doctor

My name is*****
Welcome to JustAnswer.
I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply momentarily.

Customer reply replied 30 days ago
she is also very tired now - sine this morning (7am) she has napped twice t hours each time and it’s only 2pm here in uk

How is color of the white part of eyes?

How is urine color?

How is vomiting? appetite?

Is she eating normally?

Customer reply replied 30 days ago
The whites of eyes look white still,
Urine v dark yellow but she’s wee’d once since last night because she’s not drinking and eating
Appetite completely gone - hasn’t eaten anything today
Vomiting stopped after hospital gave a very strong antisickness medicine - but whatever little she has had in her mouth today she has regurgitated up

Thank you for all the information,
I am sorry for her symptoms.
In excessive vomiting, when the stomach is empty, bile would come up with vomitus.
Regurgitation of this bile would not color the palms & soles.
I think it is not jaundice.
Jaundice will color the eyes first.
Pallor of palms & soles can give appear yellow.
As she is not eating properly or taking fluid, her urine is dark.
Please try to give her more fluid.
Please give in small, frequent sips.
If the symptoms do not subside, she will need an examination by doctor again.
I hope this information helps.
If there’s anything else I can do, please let me know.
Wish her early recovery.
Please click on 5 star rating if you are satisfied with my answer.
Regards.

Dr. Saha
Dr. Saha
Dr. Saha, Doctor