Pediatrics

Have pediatric questions? Ask a pediatrician.

Ask a Doctor,

I have a two year old boy in my home daycare,I have noticed…

Customer Question
Hi there I have...

Hi there I have a two year old boy in my home daycare,I have noticed he doesn't know how to bite foods,he shoves the food in and barely chews he lets it sit and dissolve

Doctor's Assistant: Have you seen a doctor about this yet? What medications are you taking?

His parents have had him at the dentist but they say he's fine?? Do you think he may need to see a speech therapist or someone. Many thanks

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Pediatrics
3/21/2018
Pediatrician: Sumanth Amperayani, Pediatrician replied 4 months ago
Sumanth Amperayani
Sumanth Amperayani, Pediatrician

Hi,Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm Dr. Sumanth. I've 13years of experience in the field of Pediatrics. I'm currently reviewing your query, be back ASAP.

Hi...you are absolutely right. Speech therapist can definitely train kids like this to chew and swallow by specific exercises and stimulations.
These will be taught to the parents and they in turn need to do it on the kid at home.
This will include certain stimulation of certain muscles of mastication and also swallowing reflex improvement.
We need to intervene now as if left like this, he might start to show signs of under nutrition.
" I sincerely ***** ***** I have helped you, and that I have earned my 5 star rating today! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen (this is the only way we professionals get credited for our time and professional effort). We can continue here until you are satisfied, simply use the reply box and let me know.A bonus is highly appreciated....Thank you!".If you are happy with my interaction and guidance, next time if you have any health concern, you can approach me directly at the following link please -https://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-drsumanth/?rpt=3800Kind regards ***** ***** Sumanth Amperayani