Pediatrics

Have pediatric questions? Ask a pediatrician.

Ask a Doctor,

Daughter is 16 months and woke today with continuous

Customer Question
Hey my daughter is...

Hey my daughter is 16 months and woke today with continuous sneezing and a running nose..her sneezing is every minute. Should I be worried?

Doctor's Assistant: Does your daughter have pain or weakness in her nose? How has she been coping?

No I have noticed any pain or fever

Doctor's Assistant: What has she tried to relieve the issue? When did she last visit a doctor?

I ministered a 1/4 of an antihistamine about 4hrs ago. I haven't been to the doctor yet

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in her medical history you think the doctor should know?

None that I know of

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Pediatrics
3/21/2018
Pediatrician: Sumanth Amperayani, Pediatrician replied 4 months ago
Sumanth Amperayani
Sumanth Amperayani, Pediatrician

Hi,Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm Dr. Sumanth. I've 13years of experience in the field of Pediatrics. I'm currently reviewing your query, be back ASAP.

Hi... Nothing to be worried about continuous sneezing. This is very common in allergic phenomena and allergic sneezing.

You can continue the regular dose of antihistaminic which you are giving for another 48 hours.

If he develops fever you can give a the tylenol or Ibuprofen.

If she developes severe cough or fast breathing or wheezing then she might require medical attention but there is not even 1% chance of this happening.

" I sincerely ***** ***** I have helped you, and that I have earned my 5 star rating today! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen (this is the only way we professionals get credited for our time and professional effort). We can continue here until you are satisfied, simply use the reply box and let me know.

A bonus is highly appreciated....Thank you!".

If you are happy with my interaction and guidance, next time if you have any health concern, you can approach me directly at the following link please -

https://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-drsumanth/?rpt=3800

Kind regards ***** ***** Sumanth Amperayani

Hi, just checking in to see how things are going. Do you need further assistance?

I will be glad to be of assistance to you if you have any further questions in this health regard please

Kind regards – Dr. Sumanth Amperayani