Pediatrics

Have pediatric questions? Ask a pediatrician.

Ask a Doctor,

My almost 2 year old son has what looks like a cut on the…

My almost 2 year...

My almost 2 year old son has what looks like a cut on the base of his penis. It has been two weeks now and will go away but then come back again. Not sure what it could be.

Doctor's Assistant: Back (~medical bodypart) Does your son have pain or weakness in his penis? How has he been coping?

He does have some pain. I changed his diaper earlier today and he cried. I first thought it was how his penis would always go to one side when I changed his diaper so I started to make sure I alternate sides when changing him. I was using the diaper balm by mother love and that seemed to help but then it came back today.

Doctor's Assistant: How long has he been dealing with the pain? Is this a repeating or first-time issue?

This has been going for 2 weeks but only has it for 1 -2 days and goes away. This is the second time it has appeared.

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in his medical history you think the doctor should know?

He does have eczema but thats about it.

3/21/2018
Dr. Saha
Dr. Saha, Doctor

Thank you for your question.
I am Dr Saha, I shall try my best to help you.

Thank you.

Thank you for all the information,
I am sorry for his symptoms.
Skin is very fragile here.
Eczema can make it worse.
You can apply neosporin and hydrocortisone ointment for a few days.
If it does not improve, take him to doctor for a review.
I hope this information helps.
If there’s anything else I can do, please let me know.
Wish him good health.
Please click on 5 star rating if you are satisfied with my answer.
Regards.

Thank you., I will certainly begin to apply neosporin and hydrocortisone. Is it possible it could be a yeast infection?

You are welcome.

Cut is unlikely from yeast infection.

If you are happy with my answer please click on the Excellent/Good rating.

Wish him healthy life and early recovery.

Warm Regards.

Dr. Saha
Dr. Saha, Doctor
Okay, thank you. This certainly makes me feel better and hope the creams make him 100% better. Thank you again!!