Pediatrics

Have pediatric questions? Ask a pediatrician.

Ask a Doctor,

My almost 2 year old son has what looks like a cut on the…

My almost 2 year...

My almost 2 year old son has what looks like a cut on the base of his penis. It has been two weeks now and will go away but then come back again. Not sure what it could be.

Doctor's Assistant: Back (~medical bodypart) Does your son have pain or weakness in his penis? How has he been coping?

He does have some pain. I changed his diaper earlier today and he cried. I first thought it was how his penis would always go to one side when I changed his diaper so I started to make sure I alternate sides when changing him. I was using the diaper balm by mother love and that seemed to help but then it came back today.

Doctor's Assistant: How long has he been dealing with the pain? Is this a repeating or first-time issue?

This has been going for 2 weeks but only has it for 1 -2 days and goes away. This is the second time it has appeared.

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in his medical history you think the doctor should know?

He does have eczema but thats about it.

3/21/2018
Dr. Saha
Dr. Saha, Doctor

Thank you for your question.
I am Dr Saha, I shall try my best to help you.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Thank you.

Thank you for all the information,
I am sorry for his symptoms.
Skin is very fragile here.
Eczema can make it worse.
You can apply neosporin and hydrocortisone ointment for a few days.
If it does not improve, take him to doctor for a review.
I hope this information helps.
If there’s anything else I can do, please let me know.
Wish him good health.
Please click on 5 star rating if you are satisfied with my answer.
Regards.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Thank you., I will certainly begin to apply neosporin and hydrocortisone. Is it possible it could be a yeast infection?

You are welcome.

Cut is unlikely from yeast infection.

If you are happy with my answer please click on the Excellent/Good rating.

Wish him healthy life and early recovery.

Warm Regards.

Dr. Saha
Dr. Saha, Doctor
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Okay, thank you. This certainly makes me feel better and hope the creams make him 100% better. Thank you again!!
Dr. Saha
Dr. Saha
Dr. Saha, Doctor