Pediatrics

Have pediatric questions? Ask a pediatrician.

Ask a Doctor,

My 4year Old fell up the stars and hit his throat. He gagged…

Customer Question
My 4year Old fell...

My 4year Old fell up the stars and hit his throat. He gagged up mucus instantly like he was choking. About a half hour later he’s crying from pain when he swallows

Doctor's Assistant: Is the pain in your 4-year-old's throat constant or on and off? What seems to make him feel better or worse?

He says it just hurts to swallow.

Doctor's Assistant: How long has he been dealing with the pain? Is this a repeating or first-time issue?

He said it hurts all the time. Just worse when he swallows. This happened about an hr ago but he didn’t complain or cry til half hr ago.

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Pediatrics
3/20/2018
Pediatrician: Sumanth Amperayani, Pediatrician replied 4 months ago
Sumanth Amperayani
Sumanth Amperayani, Pediatrician

Hi,Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm Dr. Sumanth. I've 13years of experience in the field of Pediatrics. I'm currently reviewing your query, be back ASAP.

Hi...as it happened 1 hour back and he didn't complain of throat pain or pain during swallowing till 39 min back, it is significant.This may be an indirect pointer that he might be developing swelling internally.Right now I suggest you give him Ibuprofen at the appropriate dose.If he's not able to swallow saliva or developes drooling or has stridor or noisy breathing or respiratory difficulty, then I suggest you take him to the nearest Emergency Room.Otherwise I feel with Ibuprofen he should be better in another 2 hours please." I sincerely ***** ***** I have helped you, and that I have earned my 5 star rating today! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen (this is the only way we professionals get credited for our time and professional effort). We can continue here until you are satisfied, simply use the reply box and let me know.A bonus is highly appreciated....Thank you!".If you are happy with my interaction and guidance, next time if you have any health concern, you can approach me directly at the following link please -https://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-drsumanth/?rpt=3800Kind regards ***** ***** Sumanth Amperayani