Pediatrics

Have pediatric questions? Ask a pediatrician.

Ask a Doctor,

I was just concerned about my 9 year old daughter

Customer Question
I was just concerned...

I was just concerned about my 9 year old daughter masturbating. Is this normal pr can it be a sign of sexual abuse?

Doctor's Assistant: What are all your daughter's symptoms, and how severe are they?

She is growing breasts already and she has discharge in her panties. When I walk in to check on her at night she has her hands in her panties.

Doctor's Assistant: How long has she been dealing with the discharge? Is this a repeating or first-time issue?

Repeating.

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in her medical history you think the doctor should know?

No, she is very healthy, just exceptionally tall for her age.

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Pediatrics
3/20/2018
Pediatrician: Sumanth Amperayani, Pediatrician replied 3 months ago
Sumanth Amperayani
Sumanth Amperayani, Pediatrician

Hi,Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm Dr. Sumanth. I've 13years of experience in the field of Pediatrics. I'm currently reviewing your query, be back ASAP.

Hello... I understand your concern.First of all coming to your question in proper - this masturbation behaviour alone cannot be taken as a proof for sexual abuse.But I feel rather than sexual abuse it could be something with she might have witnessed in the TV or internet or her friends might have spoken to her and discussed about this and she might have felt like trying.Sometimes they start doing this inadvertently and once they start seeing pleasure in this, they tend to do it subconsciously also.The best way is to smoothly talked her out of it as it is too early for such a behaviour.But I again reassure you that this alone is not a sign of sexual abuse please." I sincerely ***** ***** I have helped you, and that I have earned my 5 star rating today! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen (this is the only way we professionals get credited for our time and professional effort). We can continue here until you are satisfied, simply use the reply box and let me know.A bonus is highly appreciated....Thank you!".If you are happy with my interaction and guidance, next time if you have any health concern, you can approach me directly at the following link please -https://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-drsumanth/?rpt=3800Kind regards ***** ***** Sumanth Amperayani

Hi, just checking in to see how things are going. Do you need further assistance?

I will be glad to be of assistance to you if you have any further questions in this health regard please

Kind regards – Dr. Sumanth Amperayani