Pediatrics

Have pediatric questions? Ask a pediatrician.

Ask a Doctor,

Yesterday and today when waking up in the morning I’ve had…

Customer Question
Yesterday and today when waking...
Yesterday and today when waking up in the morning I’ve had some stomach pains or a bloated feeling in the stomach and I either have gas or need to use the bathroom and then I feel better. Today it wasn’t diahrrea but it was a bit runny or like mushy and it would probably go more with the type 6 in Bristol stool chart. I do have Imodium if necessary. What do you think it is? Should I take Imodium before going to sleep ? Or take it in the morning after it happens or not take it at all?
Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Pediatrics
3/18/2018
Pediatrician: Sumanth Amperayani, Pediatrician replied 1 month ago
Sumanth Amperayani
Sumanth Amperayani, Pediatrician

Hi,Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm Dr. Sumanth. I've 13years of experience in the field of Pediatrics. I'm currently reviewing your query, be back ASAP.

Hi... As you have Imodium right now with you no need to take it immediately, as it is always at hand.You can wait till morning and if this gets repeated again then you can take it.Unless there is blood in the stool or decreased urine output or excessive thirst and dry tongue and sunken eyes you need not worry about one or two episodes of diarrhoea." I sincerely ***** ***** I have helped you, and that I have earned my 5 star rating today! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen (this is the only way we professionals get credited for our time and professional effort). We can continue here until you are satisfied, simply use the reply box and let me know.A bonus is highly appreciated....Thank you!".If you are happy with my interaction and guidance, next time if you have any health concern, you can approach me directly at the following link please -https://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-drsumanth/?rpt=3800Kind regards ***** ***** Sumanth Amperayani
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
what is the bloated feeling/ stomach pain from? It’s normal? It has been a little hot in the morning and my throat gets a bit dry so I need to drink water
Hi... the bloated feeling and stomach pain is due mild inflammation going on in the intestine.
Bloated feeling could also be due to sluggish movements of bowels.
Mouth becoming dry is a sign that you need to keep yourself well hydrated please.
I suggest you take ORS or water.
But avoid fruit juices and high sugar containing fluids as they may result in osmotic diarrhea.
Sumanth Amperayani
Sumanth Amperayani
Sumanth Amperayani, Pediatrician