Pediatrics

Have pediatric questions? Ask a pediatrician.

Ask a Doctor,

I have a four year old daughter that has just started

I have a four...

I have a four year old daughter that has just started randomly vomitting here and there. She doesn't have flu like symptoms and she seems to feel better within a few hours. She complains of a tummy ache but no fever. I'm not sure what it could be. She did this once last Monday night and then in her sleep two nights ago then again this morning.

Doctor's Assistant: Has the daughter's vomiting been stable or getting worse? Have there been any illnesses going around?

There have been alot of things going around and she has been sick a few times already this year from it. This seems so strange for her though especially where it's so sparatic. She won't eat much and after a few hours she seems completely normal again.

Doctor's Assistant: How long has she been dealing with vomiting? Is this a repeating or first-time issue?

First time like this but she usually does vomit when she gets sick both cold and flu it seems like

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in her medical history you think the doctor should know?

No known issues or allergies

3/18/2018
Dr. Su S.
Dr. Su S., Pediatrician

Greetings,
Thank you for your question.
I am Dr. Su S
I will try my best to help you.
I will answer in a moment/request for further information.

How is her stool? urine?

How is her temperature?

Is she taking any medicine?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
She hasn't had a still in the last few days and her urine seems normal
Her temp as of now Is 98.7
No medicine

Thank you for the input.

I am very sorry for her symptoms.

Vomiting can be due to a few causes.

Common causes are indigestion, gastrointestinal infection.

Sometimes other infections like urinary can also cause vomiting.

In such little child, please do not give over the counter vomiting medicine.

Supportive measures are to be given.

Try to give more liquid.

Pedialyte, popsicles, clear soup can be given.

Sometimes, it can be a symptom of reflux, stress.

If the symptom continues, I would advise to take an examination by doctor.

I hope this information will be helpful.

If you have any query, please feel free to ask.

Your satisfaction is my goal.

If you are happy with my answer please click on 5 star rating so that I can get the credit for helping you.

Wish her healthy life.

Regards.

Dr. Su S.
Dr. Su S., Pediatrician
Dr. Su S.
Dr. Su S.
Dr. Su S., Pediatrician