Pediatrics

Have pediatric questions? Ask a pediatrician.

Ask a Doctor,

My 3 year old daughter fell from about 4 feet high onto

My 3 year old...

My 3 year old daughter fell from about 4 feet high onto concrete, hitting her forehead about 4 days ago. She immediately got a goose egg lump, and a scratch. She has been acting totally fine since then and hasn’t complained of any issues since the fall. My question is- she has what feels like a hard bump on top of her head. From what i have read, it seems to be normal fusing of the skull that can often times for a lump kids that eventually goes away, but i just want to make SURE that this is not associated with the fall. The goose egg appeared on her forehead. The bump is on top of her head. This bump could have already been there for all i know and I’m just noticing it more because I’m in high alert!

Doctor's Assistant: How long have you been dealing with this? Is there anything in particular that makes your head feel worse or better?

What?

Answered in 1 minute by:
3/18/2018
Dr. Su S.
Dr. Su S., Pediatrician

Greetings,
Thank you for your question.
I am Dr. Su S
I will try my best to help you.
I will answer in a moment/request for further information.

How large is it?

Is it in midline?

it’s midline. Not very large. Just a noticeable bump when i run my hand across the top of her head. It is also only in the front. It stops in the middle of the head where her “soft spot” would have been as a baby

Thank you for the input.
I understand your anxiety.
It is likely a suture line.
This can be prominent & it is normal.
It is not related to fall.
Please do not worry.
I hope this information will be helpful.
If you have any query, please feel free to ask.
Your satisfaction is my goal.
If you are happy with my answer please click on 5 star rating so that I can get the credit for helping you.
Wish her healthy life.
Regards.

Thank you for allowing me to assist you.
If you are happy with my answers please do not forget to leave a 5 star rating before signing out.
Without positive rating I will not get the credit for helping you today.
You can ask question on the topic after rating.
Wish her healthy life.
Warm Regards.

Dr. Su S.
Dr. Su S., Pediatrician
Thank you for the response! Glad to know it is normal

You are always welcome.