Pediatrics

Have pediatric questions? Ask a pediatrician.

Ask a Doctor,

My 3years old son ate some antacid tablets thinking they…

Customer Question
Hi Pearl, my 3years...

Hi Pearl, my 3years old son ate some antacid tablets thinking they were sweets. I don't know how many he ate but it's probably 4

Doctor's Assistant: When did your son start using antacid? How severe were any side effects?

He found them in my car 1st Aid box this afternoon

Doctor's Assistant: What's the dosage of antacid he's using? Any allergies to medications or other substances?

No he has no allergies or nothing we have notice within his 3yrs. He is just having difficulty sleeping because he is experiencing stomach upset I guess

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in his medical history you think the doctor should know?

There's no dosage on the tablets

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Pediatrics
3/17/2018
Pediatrician: Sumanth Amperayani, Pediatrician replied 1 month ago
Sumanth Amperayani
Sumanth Amperayani, Pediatrician

Hi,Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm Dr. Sumanth. I've 13years of experience in the field of Pediatrics. I'm currently reviewing your query, be back ASAP.

Hi... I understand your concern. But at the same time I want to reassure you also that nothing is going to happen. Please be rest assured.The usual antacid which is available worldwide is not going to harm your child at the dose of 4 tablets.The antacids which are aluminium based might cause constipation and if it is magnesium base and salt it may cause some diarrhoea.But whatever it is, either of the preparations will not cause any harmful effects the dose of 4 tablets please.Please be rest assured.Mild tummy discomfort he is having might or might not be related to this." I sincerely ***** ***** I have helped you, and that I have earned my 5 star rating today! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen (this is the only way we professionals get credited for our time and professional effort). We can continue here until you are satisfied, simply use the reply box and let me know.A bonus is highly appreciated....Thank you!".If you are happy with my interaction and guidance, next time if you have any health concern, you can approach me directly at the following link please -https://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-drsumanth/?rpt=3800Kind regards ***** ***** Sumanth Amperayani
Sumanth Amperayani
Sumanth Amperayani
Sumanth Amperayani, Pediatrician