Pediatrics

Have pediatric questions? Ask a pediatrician.

Ask a Doctor,

I have a sharp pain in the middle of the right deltoid, i…

hi i have a sharp...
hi i have a sharp pain in the middle of the right deltoid, i think its caused from overuse (weightlifting), is the best case for recovery, just doing the RICE method, rest, ice, compression, elevation??
Answered in 1 minute by:
3/14/2018
Dr Josh
Dr Josh, Physician

Hello!

My name is***** to JustAnswer.

I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with the reply momentarily. Thank you for your patience.

Thanks

Yes, it can be related with muscle pull or it can be nerve compression.

You can take Motrin twice a day, and application of warm packs on affected area for 10-15 minutes can be done

3-4 times a day.

Physical therapy should also be helpful. It includes various modalities like - Short wave diathermy, Infra red , Wax therapy , these will help you a lot.

You should avoid any lifting or pushing / pulling weights or heavy objects for next one week.

Also you can gently apply Ace or other elastic bandage as it can provide both support and decrease swelling. You should avoid stretching or massaging.

It can take up to one week, to become free from such symptoms.

Hope this helped

If you have any further question then you can ask me.

Please leave positive rating above the chat box so I can get credit for helping you today
we only get after positive feedback.
Bonus is highly appreciated.
We are here to help you until you satisfy.
Thank you.

Kind Regards

Dr.Josh

thx

Dear,

Most Welcome.

God bless you !!

Thanks for using justanswer.com

Dr Josh
Dr Josh, Physician