Pediatrics

Have pediatric questions? Ask a pediatrician.

Ask a Doctor,

We are grandparents to an 18 month old whos parents are away…

Customer Question
We are grandparents to...

We are grandparents to an 18 month old whos parents are away for the night. Our 18 month old threw up after her milk feed and has subsequently thrown up five times - mainly water that she asks for after each event - she is tired now - and we have some concern putting her to bed without any further food or liquid - any thoughts.

Doctor's Assistant: Have you seen a doctor about this yet? What medications are you taking?

No medications just happened this afternoon on a trip to the park three hous ago

Doctor's Assistant: What medications do you take daily? Are you allergic to any medications?

This is an an 18 month old - no medications no alergies

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

Nothing that I can think of -

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Pediatrics
3/11/2018
Pediatrician: Sumanth Amperayani, Pediatrician replied 1 month ago
Sumanth Amperayani
Sumanth Amperayani, Pediatrician

Hi,Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm Dr. Sumanth. I've 13years of experience in the field of Pediatrics. I'm currently reviewing your query, be back ASAP.

Hello.... I understand your concern. Right now if you have any antiemetic medication in hand you can give it a single dose.

If you have suspension domperidone with the strength of 1 mg per 1 ml you can give her 1 ml right now.

If you have syrup ondansetron with the strength of 2mg per 5 ml, you can give her 4 ml.

If she had started to vomit so many times she might develop diarrhoea also if so keep her hydrated with oral rehydration solution.

" I sincerely ***** ***** I have helped you, and that I have earned my 5 star rating today! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen (this is the only way we professionals get credited for our time and professional effort). We can continue here until you are satisfied, simply use the reply box and let me know.

A bonus is highly appreciated....Thank you!".

If you are happy with my interaction and guidance, next time if you have any health concern, you can approach me directly at the following link please -

https://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-drsumanth/?rpt=3800

Kind regards ***** ***** Sumanth Amperayani

Sumanth Amperayani
Sumanth Amperayani
Sumanth Amperayani, Pediatrician