Pediatrics

Have pediatric questions? Ask a pediatrician.

Ask a Doctor,

My 13 year old daughter has been having these persistent…

My 13 year old daughter...
My 13 year old daughter has been having these persistent headaches. What can I do to treat it
3/10/2018
Paul
Paul, Board Certified Pediatrician

I will try to answer your question. The best treatment for headaches is ibuprofen or aleve. Does she have any other symptoms? Any cough, runny nose, sorethroat, fever? Other things that will help with persistent Headaches are: Drink extra, extra water, have eyes checked on a regular basis, get adequate sleep at night, eat correctly (blood sugars going up/down can lead to Headache. does she have and photophobia (lights bother her eyes when she has Headache), Nausea, Vomiting, related to mealtime or certain foods that have been ingested? What is the severity of these headache - scale of 1 to 10?

Paul
Paul, Board Certified Pediatrician
Paul
Paul
Paul, Board Certified Pediatrician