Pediatrics

Have pediatric questions? Ask a pediatrician.

Ask a Doctor,

If you had a hard immovable lymphnode round and the size of…

If you had a...

If you had a hard immovable lymphnode round and the size of a finger tip in the posterior triangle on the left side should you be concerned?

Doctor's Assistant: What are your symptoms? Have you used any medication for this?

No. Was rubbing my neck and shoulders and noticed it.

Doctor's Assistant: Have you seen a doctor about this?

No

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

I have cervical spondylosis of the c6 on right side

3/10/2018
Sumanth Amperayani
Sumanth Amperayani, Pediatrician

Hi,Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm Dr. Sumanth. I've 13years of experience in the field of Pediatrics. I'm currently reviewing your query, be back ASAP.

Hello... I understand your concern.

I need some more information please.

1. Is there any long standing fever or weight loss or loss of appetite?

2. Are you experiencing any body pains off late?

3. Did you have sore throat recently?

4. Were you diagnosed to have EBV or Mono recently or any time?

Please get back to me with the above information so that I can guide you better.

Kind regards ***** ***** Sumanth Amperayani

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
No. I have experienced body pain and fatuige and some lethargy.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I do not want to call.

Hello, the premium request of phone call was a system generated prompt and was not initiated by me. I am sorry for the inconvenience. I would be glad to continue here please.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Thanks, ***** ***** should know i have degeneration in all cervical disc and some mild bulging amd a slight vertebrae slip of 1mm. Nothing major. I also have hypoplasia of the right vertebral artery.
Hello, I understand your concern.
The size of the lymph node which you are mentioning as fingertip is about the size of 1 cm x 1 cm. This falls under insignificant lymphadenopathy category as far as the cervical or neck area lymph nodes are concerned. Moreover without any other systemic signs or symptoms which I have enquired you about, you need not worry at all.
This can be just left alone and it will require medical attention only if there is sudden increase in size or chronic fever or weight and appetite loss.I have gone through your cervical disc issues and vertebral issues including the vertebral artery. These are in no way related to the small lymph node which you are mentioning place.You can be rest assured." I sincerely ***** ***** I have helped you, and that I have earned my 5 star rating today! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen (this is the only way we professionals get credited for our time and professional effort). We can continue here until you are satisfied, simply use the reply box and let me know.A bonus is highly appreciated....Thank you!".If you are happy with my interaction and guidance, next time if you have any health concern, you can approach me directly at the following link please -https://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-drsumanth/?rpt=3800Kind regards ***** ***** Sumanth Amperayani
Sumanth Amperayani
Sumanth Amperayani, Pediatrician
Sumanth Amperayani
Sumanth Amperayani
Sumanth Amperayani, Pediatrician