Pediatrics

Have pediatric questions? Ask a pediatrician.

Ask a Doctor,

My daughter has ADHD and anxiety and woke up at 3am. She…

Customer Question
My daughter has ADHD...

My daughter has ADHD and anxiety and woke up at 3am. She wanted to go on my phone and when I said no it escalated to her hitting and kicking both my husband and I. We ended up restraining her the best we could until it passed. Not sure what to do going forward. Adjust meds? Seek intensive treatment. This is the first time it has gotten this far. Usually it's verbal anger however I feel the have been occurring more frequently. Help!!

Doctor's Assistant: How long has your daughter been taking this medication? Any recent changes in dosage?

In Jan we added abilify (generic for it) to even out mood. First two weeks were great. Recently these tantrums have increased and escalated. Yesterday her dr added pritiq with the intent of going off of Zoloft

Doctor's Assistant: How severe has the anxiety been?

I guess manageable. She's fine in school

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in her medical history you think the psychologist should know?

Stea on dysnacak for ADHD also

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Pediatrics
3/10/2018
Pediatrician: Dr. Yogindra Vasavada, Pediatrician replied 1 month ago
Dr. Yogindra Vasavada
Dr. Yogindra Vasavada, Pediatrician
Hi, you haven't given her age. Drug use is better avoided below 7-8 yrs age. Also mood swings occur more near puberty onset.
Please try lowering dosages on advice of treating Dr.
Good luck.
Dr. Yogindra Vasavada
Dr. Yogindra Vasavada
Dr. Yogindra Vasavada, Pediatrician