Pediatrics

Have pediatric questions? Ask a pediatrician.

Ask a Doctor,

My daughter bumped heads with kid at the playground now her…

Customer Question
My daughter bumped heads with...
My daughter bumped heads with kid at the playground now her baby tooth is loose a little and bleeding a little. Should I just let it fall out because its a baby tooth or do i really need to go in to get it checked out? and if so is it really that important to go immediately, we have a busy week? And ... view full
Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Pediatrics
Answered in 1 minute by:
3/6/2018
Pediatrician: Dr. Bridget, Pharmacist replied 1 month ago
Dr. Bridget
Dr. Bridget, Pharmacist
Experience: Clinical Geriatric Pharmacist; Pharmacy Practice Residency training with extensive knowledge in pharmacological treatment of diseases;Special interest in alternative remedies.

Thanks for your question! You're speaking with Dr. Bridget. I appreciate your patience as I review your question and prepare my response.

I would recommend seeing the dentist. They may want to do some Xrays to ensure the adult tooth beneath is not damaged.

Does this help?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Does it need to be done immediately?

I would recommend giving the dentist a call today (or tomorrow if the office is already closed). They will likely have her eat a soft diet for a few days to allow the tooth to re-implant into the jawbone. If they feel it's necessary, they can advise you over the phone if you need to come in for an Xray.

Dr. Bridget
Dr. Bridget
Dr. Bridget, Pharmacist