Pediatrics

Have pediatric questions? Ask a pediatrician.

Ask a Doctor,

My son (3 yo) has vomited 4 Times in the last hour and a…

My son (3 yo)...

My son (3 yo) has vomited 4 Times in the last hour and a half. In between vomiting he seems fine and for a minute or two before throwing up he seems to be writhing around. The last vomit was yellow green. Is this an emergency situation?

Doctor's Assistant: How have your child's checkups gone? Is your child progressing steadily in height and weight?

Perfect. Hes 96% height and typically about 75% weight for his age

1/19/2018
Sumanth Amperayani
Sumanth Amperayani, Pediatrician

Hi,Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm Dr. Sumanth. I've 13years of experience in the field of Pediatrics. I'm currently reviewing your query, be back ASAP.

I have a few questions for you please.

Hi...

1. Is there sever pain abdomen?

2. Is there any family history of renal stones or gall stones?

3. If there is pain - is he able to localize the pain in the abdomen/ if so which part of abdomen?

4. Is there any fever?

5. Is there any diarrhea or blood in the motion?

Please revert back with answers so that I can guide you better.

Regards ***** ***** Sumanth

Mild to moderate general abdominal pain as far as I can tell, no family history, no fever, no blood/diaharrea

Hi... I am sorry to say this, but, green colored vomiting is a red flag sign as far as abdominal pain is concerned.

I suggest you take him to the nearest emergency room and get him evaluated.

They will check him up, let a physician palpate the abdomen and then an ultrasound scan might be required.

The possibilities could be -

1. Sub Acute intestinal obstruction.

2. Acute Appendicitis.

3. Mesenteric Adenitis

His growth parameters have been normal and hence I am not considering malrotation.

Please get back to me if there are any further concerns. I am happy to help anytime.

My goal is to give you the best experience possible!

I hope I have earned a 5 star rating today!

Please do remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen. This is the only way we experts are credited and compensated for our time and professional work.

Please note that rating me now does not close your question. We can continue until you are satisfied. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know. Thank you..!

Kind regards – Dr. Sumanth Amperayani MBBS., DCH., DNB (PAEDIATRICS).,

Sumanth Amperayani
Sumanth Amperayani, Pediatrician
If the abdominal pain is only when I palpate his abdominal area is it the same as if he was saying he had it all the time? He seems completely fine otherwise - he’s not crying or anything and he hasn’t now thrown up in about an hour. I will take him if you think it is still an emergency but he does seem to be settling down to sleep.