Pediatrics

Have Pediatric Questions? Ask a Pediatrician.

Ask a Doctor,

Pediatrics

My 2 year old daughter has a temperature of 39.1 and we gave…

My 2 year old daughter...
My 2 year old daughter has a temperature of 39.1 and we gave her Tylenol about 40 mins ago. Before we gave the Tylenol it was 39.6. She was complaining of an ear ache last night . She is drinking some water off and on . What should we do
1/19/2018
Dr Josh
Dr Josh, Physician

Dear customer

This is Dr. Josh. I am reviewing your question now and will be with you momentarily.

Thank you.

Kind Regards

Dr.Josh

Dear customer

Thank you for being online.

The symptoms you have described about your 2 year old daughter of having a temperature of 39.1 (earlier 39.6) and symptom of an ear ache last night can be due to ear infection.

If the fever remains above 38.8 (after giving tylenol0 then you need to take her to ER.

Ear infection can be the most probable cause.

She may need to be prescribed with antibiotics & prescription pain killer & anti pyretic to bring down her fever.

So I advise you to watch for next 1 hour & if the fever does not come down,then you need to take her to ER accordingly.

Thank you.

Hope this helped

If you have any further question then you can ask me.

Please leave positive rating above the chat box so I can get credit for helping you today ,we only get after positive feedback.

Bonus is highly appreciated.

We are here to help you until you satisfy.

Kind Regards

Dr.Josh

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Doc what about giving her some Advil

Dear customer

Thank you for replying back.

Yes,you can give her advil.

It is a potent analgesic & relieves the fever.

Give advil in prescribed dosage as prescribed by doctor.

This will help her greatly.

Thank you.

Kind Regards

Dr. Josh

Dear customer

Do you have any other follow up question?

Waiting for your reply…

Thank you.

Kind Regards

Dr.Josh

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Doc how long does children's Advil take to start working
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
We gave it to her at 2:35

Children's advil usually start working in 20 to 30 minutes.

That means within half an hour the fever should begin to come down.

Also cold water/room temperature water sponging will help to bring the fever down.

Thank you.

Kind Regards

Dr. Josh

Dr Josh
Dr Josh, Physician
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Thanks for all your help Doc!

Dear customer

Thank you for the words of appreciation & for using just answer website.

God bless you & take care.

Kind Regards
Dr.Josh

Dr Josh
Dr Josh
Dr Josh, Physician