Pediatrics

Have pediatric questions? Ask a pediatrician.

Ask a Doctor,

My 11 yr old son has sharp pain in upper left side of

My 11 yr old...

My 11 yr old son has sharp pain in upper left side of abdomen...what could it be?

Doctor's Assistant: How long have you had the pain? What seems to make the pain better or worse?

3-4 days ....if he flexes or stays still it's better or kneeling down helps

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in the child's medical history you think the doctor should know?

No he has been healthy

1/18/2018
Sumanth Amperayani
Sumanth Amperayani, Pediatrician

Hi,Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm Dr. Sumanth. I've 13years of experience in the field of Pediatrics. I'm currently reviewing your query, be back ASAP.

Thanks

Hi... I need some more information before guiding you further.

1. Is there any family history of renal stones are gallbladder stones is there any family history of renal stones or gallbladder stones?

2. Is the pain aggravated while urinating?

3. Was there any history of injury during play or sport activities?

4. Is the pain intermittent or continuous?

5. Is there any vomiting associated with pain?

6. Has there been any fever in this 3 to 4 days?

Please revert back to me with answers so that I can guide you better.

Regards ***** ***** Sumanth Amperayani MBBS., DCH., DNB (PAEDIATRICS).,

I'm not sure about stones but I had my gallbladder removed in my 20'sNo pain while urinatingNo injuriesPain is continuous when he moves (he says it feels bruised but doesn't look bruised) if he's still it doesn't hurtNo vomiting no fever
Hello, thank you for getting back soon with the necessary information.From the clinical history and the answers you have given, I put forth these possibilities -1. Muscular spasmodic pain as the pain is continuous and it is aggravated with moment.2. Renal colic or spasmodic pain in the left kidney or ureter due to inflammation or stone. I would have put forth this as the first possibility if the pain had been intermittent along with vomiting.3. Mesenteric adenitis which is inflammation of lymph nodes in the abdomen.I suggest you take him to the nearest physician or Emergency Room. I feel it would be better if a doctor palpates his abdomen, on hands and gives you a clinical opinion.Hope this helps. Please get back to me if you have any further query regarding this and I will there to guide you further. I will be happy to help anytime regarding this or any other health query you have.If you are happy with my interaction, please do remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen, as this is the only way we experts are credited and compensated for our time and professional work.Kind regards – Dr. Sumanth Amperayani MBBS., DCH., DNB (PAEDIATRICS).,
is it something where I need to take him to dr now or can it wait till normal business hours?

Hi...sorry, it is 11 AM here. So I had suggested like that.

It is not an emergency please.

As of now you can give him Ibuprofen and single dose and wait for the office hours please.

If you can get back to me with the current weight of your son, I will suggest you the appropriate dose right away.

Ok that's good to hear it's 11:30 pm here he's 95 pounds

Hi...you can give him Tablet Ibuprofen 400mg single dose now and if the symptoms are persisting, please approach medical care in the office hours.

I am happy that my interaction and suggestions have put your mind at ease. If you have no further questions, please accept the answer by leaving a five star positive review.

This is the only way we professionals get compensated and credited for our time and professional work. Thank you...!!

Kind regards ***** ***** Sumanth Amperayani MBBS., DCH., DNB (PAEDIATRICS).,

Sumanth Amperayani
Sumanth Amperayani, Pediatrician

Hi, just checking in to see how things are going. Do you need further assistance?

If you were happy with my interaction please give a 5 star rating and respond please. This is the only way we professionals get credited and compensated for our time, effort and professional opinion.

Kind regards – Dr. Sumanth Amperayani MBBS., DCH., DNB (Paed).,

Sumanth Amperayani
Sumanth Amperayani
Sumanth Amperayani, Pediatrician