Pediatrics

Have Pediatric Questions? Ask a Pediatrician.

Ask a Doctor,

Pediatrics

My 6 year old had been vomiting since Sunday night. I have…

Customer Question
My 6 year old...

My 6 year old had been vomiting since Sunday night. I have taken her to the doctor twice (once on Monday night and then Tuesday morning) and they have taken bloods but I have been told we can't get the results for them until Thursday or possible Friday. They gave her fluids yesterday and she isn't dehydrated like she was before. she isn't eating but she is drinking apple juice and water. When we came home yesterday afternoon she had a little vomit and small amount of running poo bit had a good night only waking for water a couple of time. she had a very little vomit this morning and but just had another big vomit about 20 min ago. she is still asking for water and apple juice. I'm worried it might be lepto as we live on a cattle property and she was playing in muddy water in the creek on Saturday as we had to fix the fence crossing. the doctors are saying she only has a virus could this be right?

Doctor's Assistant: In general, how has your health been lately?

What?

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Pediatrics
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
1/17/2018
Pediatrician: Sumanth Amperayani, Pediatrician replied 1 month ago
Sumanth Amperayani
Sumanth Amperayani, Pediatrician

Hi,Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm Dr. Sumanth. I've 13years of experience in the field of Pediatrics. I'm currently reviewing your query, be back ASAP.

Hi... I understand your concern. I have a few questions for you -

1. Is there any blood in the motion?

2. Is it large volume diarrhea or small frequent episodes?

3. Is there any fever and if so how high please and till now how many days of fever is it?

4. How is the urine output please?

5. Is the tummy distended?

6. Is she having sunken eyes and dry tongue?

7. How is her skin turgor?

Kindly revert back to me with answers to the above questions so that I can guide you better.

Kind regards ***** ***** Sumanth Amperayani MBBS., DCH., DNB (PAEDIATRICS).,

Hi...You can call me on skype video calling and my ID is - ***@******.***

Hi.... I am waiting for your reply please. Hope everything is going on well and her symptoms have settled. Please respond with answers to my questions if the symptoms are still going on.

Regards ***** ***** Sumanth

Dr. Yogindra Vasavada
Dr. Yogindra Vasavada
Dr. Yogindra Vasavada, Pediatrician