Pediatrics

Have Pediatric Questions? Ask a Pediatrician.

Ask a Doctor,

Pediatrics

My 10 year old son starting itching earlier today on the…

Customer Question
Hi my 10 year old...
Hi my 10 year old son starting itching earlier today on the back of his neck. He doesn't have a fever or any other signs of a cold. He was complaining about itches throughout the day and when we got home from running errands we put him in the bath and realized he had a rash and what looked like bites in various spots throughout his body. He hasn't traveled recently. I travel quite a bit for work and just checked myself out and don't appear to have anything that could look bed bug related. He did have molluscum contagiosum several years ago - this reminds me of that? I have a few pictures. So far, I had him use soap with lavender, and gave him Sabadil (homeopathic allergy medicine). I also used an essential oil blend that provided relief - (Eden's Garden Ouch Ease which contains - Lavender, Tea Tree, Lime, Chamomile and Ylang Ylang). I am a big homeopathic believer so have lots of Boiron remedies on hand - stopping here first before looking in my homeopathic guides :)
Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Pediatrics
1/15/2018
Pediatrician: Pediatric2000, Board Certified Pediatrician replied 1 month ago
Pediatric2000
Pediatric2000, Board Certified Pediatrician

Hello

Welcome and Thank you for your query posted.

My name is***** and being a Skin, Hair and Nail specialist I would be able to provide you with an appropriate solution to your concern.

Please note that my Goal is to provide you with an Excellent Service .

Before I answer your question I would like to get some more information:

Could you send me a photo of the condition at your convenience?

You can upload the photo on www.photobucket.com and send me the link

Other method of uploading photo or a file is:

1.Click the paperclip icon

2.Click the Browse icon

3.Click the Browse button

4.Select your file and click Open

5.Click OK

6.Click Insert

7.Click Save Changes on this page

Please note that the answer provided is for information purpose only and does not substitute a Doctor - Patient Consultation in Clinic

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Hi, a picture is attached . It got worse, especially under his arms and groin so I had him take another shower, gave him a benedryl (25 mg) and rubbed tea tree and coconut oil on him. It seemed to help. An ibuprofen too - he was miserable.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Also giving him Hylands homepathic Hive medicine and Boiron Sulphur (10 pellets)
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
This was earlier, I just checked him and it seems to have calmed down on his back.

Thank you very much for the information provided.

This is an acute allergic urticarial rash on the body . This is characterized by intense itching and is nothing but allergy. There is nothing sinister about this otherwise.

I would recommend you to apply 1 % Hydrocortisone cream/ Calendula cream on the area along with SARNA lotion twice a day

Clean the area with Cetaphil cleansing lotion twice a day followed by application of AVEENO skin repair cream on the area.

Also continue with the Benadryl 25 mg once at night for a week.

NO requirement for blood test and this is not a contagious condition. Give him rest and keep him adequately hydrated.

Please do let me know if you have any further queries.

Do you Agree with what I have mentioned ?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Thanks so much for your help and confirmation! It is so appreciated. Anyway to know what he reacted to?
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I..e food, material, etc?

It is very difficult to say what exactly he may have reacted to depending on the appearance of skin lesions. But can give you information on overall common sources leading to this problem:

Clothes fabric and sweating

plants

food

insects

pollen / dust

animal dandruff and fur

dust pollution

color in sweets and toffees

Pediatric2000
Pediatric2000