Pediatrics

Have pediatric questions? Ask a pediatrician.

Ask a Doctor,

My son is 8 and last night started getting a fever, sore…

My son is 8 and...
My son is 8 and last night started getting a fever, sore throat, and body aches. Gave him motrin he felt better, but middle of night fever and couldn't sleep. Couldn't get comfortable. Gave him motrin and he fell asleep. Today he rested and was uncomfortable, but more comfortable with motrin. He drank and at a little rice. He is napping now and complaining in his sleep. Just gave him motrin again and his temp is 103.7 What should I do. Do I need to bring him to night urgi or his doctor tomorrow or should I keep doing something at home? Thanks
1/10/2018
Dr. Su S.
Dr. Su S., Pediatrician

Greetings,
Thanks for your question.
I am Dr. Su S. I will try my best to help you.
I am reviewing the question now and will reply in a moment.

One thermometer said 104.3 and the other 102.8
We are opening a third one to check.
We put it under his arm and add one degree to calculate his temp.
the third one said 103.9

You can give him Tylenol now.

Luke warm sponging can be given.

If the temperature doesn't come down below 103 please take him to ER.

If the temperature come down you can take him to doctor tomorrow.

A throat swab can be tested .

Wish him early recovery .

Okay, Thank you

You are always welcome.

Best wishes.

If you are satisfied please don't forget to leave a positive rating.

Warm regards.

Dr. Su S.
Dr. Su S., Pediatrician