Pediatrics

Have pediatric questions? Ask a pediatrician.

Ask a Doctor,

My son is having an allergic reaction. We adminstered

Customer Question
My son is having...

My son is having an allergic reaction. We adminstered Benadryl (10ml) approximately 1 hour ago. He is 8yr 11mths old and weighs roughly 60lbs. He has hives on his arms, legs and a few around his armpit area. He has many allergies but I can't remember when the pediatrician has told me I an give him the second dose. I know we don't wait the 4 hours as prescribed on the bottle. Thank you.

Doctor's Assistant: Do you keep personal medical records to help track this?

Not the timeframe for the Benadryl.

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

He has mild asthma (usually sports related) and is healthy with the exception of the allergies.

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Pediatrics
1/8/2018
Pediatrician: Dr. Chip, Doctor (non-pediatrics specialty) replied 3 months ago
Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Doctor (non-pediatrics specialty)

Hello. I'm Dr Chip
Thanks for your question and I'm reviewing it.
I'll be back in a moment with and answer or a request for more information

What exactly is your question about this please?

I believe our pediatrician has said we can give the second dose of Benedryl one hour after the first dose to treat the hives if he is not reacting quickly enough but I would like to confirm.
Dr. Yogindra Vasavada
Dr. Yogindra Vasavada
Dr. Yogindra Vasavada, Pediatrician