Pediatrics

Have pediatric questions? Ask a pediatrician.

Ask a Doctor,

My 7 year-old son has been urinating really frequently for…

Customer Question
My 7 year-old son has...
My 7 year-old son has been urinating really frequently for the past two weeks. Sometimes, every 30 minutes even if he’s not drinking water in between or anything. His bowel movements are normal and he doesn’t complain of any pain while urinating so I don’t think it’s a UTI. Then, in the past couple of days he’s developed accompanying stomach pain below his belly button, and the other night he was on the couch crying because the pain was so much. I have an appt with his doctor this week but wanted to see if I should take him to urgent care instead or anything?
Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Pediatrics
1/7/2018
Pediatrician: Dr. Su S., Pediatrician replied 3 months ago
Dr. Su S.
Dr. Su S., Pediatrician

Greetings,
Thanks for your question.
I am Dr. Su S. I will try my best to help you.
I am reviewing the question now and will reply in a moment.

Does he have any other symptom? Fever, vomiting

No fever or vomiting. A little bit of loss of appetite, though. I don’t know that it’s related, but in addition to his stomach pain last night, he also had lower leg pain on the opposite leg they the stomach pain was on? That could have just been growing pains or something else, though.

Thank you for the input.
I am very sorry for his symptoms.
Pain below the belly button can come from urinary bladder, colon.
As he is urinating frequently, it can be from bladder problems like an infection, stone.
Fever may not be there.
As the pain is occasionally so much, he needs an examination by doctor soon.
An urinalysis, ultrasound can be considered.
I hope this information will be helpful.
If you have any query, please feel free to ask.
If you are happy with my answer please click on the Excellent/Good rating.
Wish him healthy life.
Regards.

Dr. Su S.
Dr. Su S.
Dr. Su S., Pediatrician