Pediatrics

Have pediatric questions? Ask a pediatrician.

Ask a Doctor,

My 9yr old daughter has been complaining about an itchy

Customer Question
My 9yr old daughter...

My 9yr old daughter has been complaining about an itchy bottom. I’ve looked for worms but can not see any signs of them. She’s developing and whilst checking out I can see Hair growing but she wakes up crying about it and says it’s inside her bottom. I don’t know if that means actually inside or not. She has a couple of spots on her bottom but nothing that looks like it would cause this upset.

Doctor's Assistant: How long have you been dealing with this? Does anything in particular seem to make the itch better or worse?

On and off for a few months. At first putting cream there helped but that doesn’t seem to be helping any more

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in the child's medical history you think the doctor should know?

No, she’s had worms quite a lot when she was younger but not for a while

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Pediatrics
Answered in 1 minute by:
1/2/2018
Pediatrician: Sumanth Amperayani, Pediatrician replied 4 months ago
Sumanth Amperayani
Sumanth Amperayani, Pediatrician
I am Dr. Sumanth Amperayani from India. I have 13 years of experience in the field of Pediatrics at a tertiary care referral hospital in Chennai, India. I will do my level best to alleviate your health concern. I am currently reviewing your question. I will be back in a moment to guide you further.
Hi... I understand your concern. I have gone through your query in detail.By what you say I feel that it could be worm infestation.Does she have sleep bruxism or grinding of teeth at night?Is there any blood in the motion?Does she have constipation?She passed motion immediately after food?Get back to me with answers so that I can guide you further.Regards ***** ***** Sumanth
No to all of them
Hi this could be worm infestation.I suggest you give her one Dose of Albendazole 400 milligrams 1 doors today and repeat it after 10 days.I am not sure whether Albendazole he is an over-the-counter medication in your country.After giving the first dose for the next 48 hours please be on the lookout if there are any worms in the stools.Hope this helps. Please get back to me any number of times till you have everything cleared regarding the health of your child and I will there to guide you further. I will be happy to help anytime regarding this or any other health query you have.If you are happy with my interaction, please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen if this interaction has been satisfactory, as this is the only way we experts are credited and compensated for the time and professional work.Kind regards – Dr. Sumanth Amperayani MBBS., DCH., DNB (Paed).,
Sumanth Amperayani
Sumanth Amperayani
Sumanth Amperayani, Pediatrician