Pediatrics

Have Pediatric Questions? Ask a Pediatrician.

Ask a Doctor,

Pediatrics

My 14 month old daughter has a fever and must be feeling…

Hi, my 14 month old...
Hi, my 14 month old daughter has a fever and must be feeling aches as she dies not want to move or be moved. She cried when move her, pick her up and/or change her. Also she is from time to time shaking all over for a moment as if she had a shiver. This scares her and she cries more. It is starting to scare me too. We are giving her Children’s Tylenol, but the fever has persisted for 10 hrs. 99.8 F.Tell me what to do please.A Very Worried Father
12/23/2017
Dr. Yogindra Vasavada
Dr. Yogindra Vasavada, Pediatrician
Hi, sorry she is ill. If Tylenol is not effective and pain there, please also give ibuprofen every 8 hours and see 2-3 days. Wiping with wet cloth over limbs forehead etc may reduce fever further.
Good luck.
I appreciate you anwering Dr. Took her emergency room last night after fever spiked to 104 F. They alternated Tylenol and Motrin and brought her temp down to 99.4. Also ran tests for strepp, flu and urinary track infection. All negative. Followed up with her pediatrician this morning. She perscribed pedialite, juice and soft fruits along with activia yogurt for probiotics to slow diarrhea. Lanay is home now and resting comfortably. Anything else you would recommend?
Pl see peediatrician again if not ok by 4-5 days. May need amoxycillin.
Dr. Yogindra Vasavada
Dr. Yogindra Vasavada, Pediatrician
Dr. Yogindra Vasavada
Dr. Yogindra Vasavada
Dr. Yogindra Vasavada, Pediatrician