Pediatrics

Have pediatric questions? Ask a pediatrician.

Ask a Doctor,

Basically, because of inexperience with children and custody…

Customer Question
Second opinion] Basically, because of...
Second opinion] Basically, because of inexperience with children and custody issues with my 15 month old, I just recently found out when she was 13 months that she should be weaned from the bottle by 12 months old and her temporary custodian was just giving her a bottle. She was developmentally a little behind, she didnt start holding her bottle til 10 months and just started walking. About a month ago I started trying to wean her off the bottle but she still really wants one at night. My significant other says we should take it away cold turkey but she doesnt drink much from the sippy cup. When I give her a bottle she chugs 2 bottles of milk or water like shes so thirsty. Is it OK to still give her a bottle before bed? Even if its just water? I don't feel like she really cares what's in her bottle she just seems like shes not taking it well and my significant other and I cant agree on a solution. She says the bottle has to go but I feel like I should do it more slowly. I dont give her a bottle in bed just before bed.
Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Pediatrics
12/20/2017
Pediatrician: Dr. Saha, Doctor replied 8 months ago
Dr. Saha
Dr. Saha, Doctor

Hello, Thank you for asking in JustAnswer. How is her weight gain? Does she take solid?