Pediatrics

Have pediatric questions? Ask a pediatrician.

Ask a Doctor,

My 18 month son has a fever of 101.5 so i gave him ibuprofen…

Hello my 18 month...

Hello my 18 month son has a fever of 101.5 so i gave him ibuprofen 3 hours later i

Doctor's Assistant: How long have you had a fever? Do you have any respiratory symptoms?

Checked his temp it went up to 102.5 so i gave him another dose

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in the child's medical history you think the doctor should know?

2 hours later and a room temp shower still fever

Answered in 1 minute by:
12/19/2017
Dr Josh
Dr Josh, Physician

Dear customer

This is Dr. Josh. I am reviewing your question now and will be with you momentarily.

Thank you.

Kind Regards

Dr.Josh

Is he having any cough?

Any other symptoms besides fever?

cough, congestion and runny nose

Dear customer

Thank you for being online.

The symptoms you have described about your 18 month old son of having fever of 102.5 inspite of giving him ibuprofen & and a room temp shower needs to be treated under doctor observation.

As he has cough, congestion and runny nose- he needs prescription medications.

Keep a humidifier running in your room.

Continue sponging the child with lukewarm water may help bring down the temperature.

If still the fever persists-then you need to take him to ER as he may need oral antibiotics,cough syrup, & nebuliser accordingly.

Thank you.

Hope this helped

If you have any further question then you can ask me.

Please leave positive rating above the chat box so I can get credit for helping you today ,we only get after positive feedback.

Bonus is highly appreciated.

We are here to help you until you satisfy.

Kind Regards

Dr.Josh

Dr Josh
Dr Josh, Physician