Pediatrics

Have pediatric questions? Ask a pediatrician.

Ask a Doctor,

My grandson is 8 weeks old. I believe he is coming down with…

Customer Question
My grandson is 8...

My grandson is 8 weeks old. I believe he is coming down with a cold. He is coughing, sneezing and projectile vomiting. I made a saline solution as suggested for his nose. He doesn't want to eat but I think that was because he had all that milk/water built up on his stomach. What else can we do?

Doctor's Assistant: How long have you been dealing with the cough? Are you having any other symptoms?

He started coughing 2 days ago. He had a fever then. But it is back to normal now

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your child's medical history you think the doctor should know?

He is lactose intolerent. At his last visit he was right on schedule for everything.

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Pediatrics
Answered in 1 hour by:
12/17/2017
Pediatrician: Dr. Su S., Pediatrician replied 4 months ago
Dr. Su S.
Dr. Su S., Pediatrician

Greetings,
Thanks for your question.
I am Dr. Su S. I will try my best to help you.
I am reviewing the question now and will reply in a moment.

Is he breast or bottle fed?

Bottle

Thank you for the input.
I am so sorry for his symptoms.
In cold or infection, babies can loose appetite.

Please try to give feeding frequently.

If he takes little, he can get dehydrated.
You can try nasal saline drop.
Please keep the room warm & humidified.
Those would help his breathing.
In such young babies, you need to see doctor if the symptom continues.
They can get complicated soon.
I hope this information will be helpful.
If you have any query, please feel free to ask.
If you are happy with my answer please click on the Excellent/Good rating.
Wish him healthy life.
Regards.

Thank you for reassuring me that we are doing all we can

You are always welcome.
If you are happy with my answers please do not forget to leave a positive rating before signing out.
Wish him healthy life.
Warm Regards.

Dr. Su S.
Dr. Su S.
Dr. Su S., Pediatrician