Pediatrics

Have pediatric questions? Ask a pediatrician.

Ask a Doctor,

My son who is 3 is complaining of a hot tummy. This has been…

Customer Question
My son who is...

My son who is 3 is complaining of a hot tummy. This has been going on for a few days. An ice pack on his tummy seems to comfort him some but not much.

Doctor's Assistant: How have your child's checkups gone? Is your child progressing steadily in height and weight?

Yes everything has been normal

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Pediatrics
Answered in 1 hour by:
12/17/2017
Pediatrician: Dr. Su S., Pediatrician replied 8 months ago
Dr. Su S.
Dr. Su S., Pediatrician

Greetings,
Thanks for your question.
I am Dr. Su S. I will try my best to help you.
I am reviewing the question now and will reply in a moment.

How is his stool? Is there any other symptom? Vomiting?

No vomiting and normal stools he has some allergy issues and is coughing a bit at night but nothing of concern

In which part of abdomen does he feel the pain precisely?

Right below the rib cage

Is it on both the sides? Any tender point or swelling?

No tender points or swelling

I am sorry for the delay as there was a problem with internet connection.
Thank you for the input.
I am very sorry for his symptoms.
The pain can be from muscle strain from coughing.
An inflammation, reflux can also be there.

It does not appear to be serious.
However, if the pain gets intense or continues, I would advise to get him an examination by doctor.
You can give him tylenol for pain.
Warm application can be soothing..
I hope this information will be helpful.
If you have any query, please feel free to ask.
If you are happy with my answer please click on the Excellent/Good rating.
Wish him healthy life.
Regards.