Pediatrics

Have Pediatric Questions? Ask a Pediatrician.

Ask a Doctor,

Pediatrics

My 2 month old had a intermittent cough and its pretty

Customer Question
My 2 month old...

My 2 month old had a intermittent cough and its pretty severe when it happens.. i have been putting saline in each nostril Q3-4H with the bulb string but for the past 2 days no secretions coming out but instead she has developed a cough for the past 2 days

Doctor's Assistant: How long have you been dealing with the cough? Are you having any other symptoms?

No jist intermittent cough for the past 2 days Afebrile

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in the child's medical history you think the doctor should know?

No nothing at all 2 month old pretty healthy so far

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Pediatrics
12/13/2017
Pediatrician: Dr. Su S., Pediatrician replied 2 months ago
Dr. Su S.
Dr. Su S., Pediatrician

Greetings,
Thanks for your question.
I am Dr. Su S. I will try my best to help you.
I am reviewing the question now and will reply in a moment.

How is feeding?

Is there any other symptom?

Feeding is good she eats her 3 ounces every 2 hours. She has a rubny nose for the past couple of days but it seems to slow down but now she has an intermittent cough

Thank you for the input.
I am very sorry for her symptoms.
There can be an infection.
It is often viral & subsides in 3-5 days.
I would advise to her examined by her doctor.
At this age, cough medicines should not be used without prescription.
You can keep the room warm & humidified.
That would help in coughing.
I hope this information will be helpful.
If you have any query, please feel free to ask.
If you are happy with my answer please click on the Excellent/Good rating.
Wish her healthy life.
Regards.

Dr. Su S.
Dr. Su S.
Dr. Su S., Pediatrician