Pediatrics

Have pediatric questions? Ask a pediatrician.

Ask a Doctor,

I have a granddaughter 14 months old. She has had diarrhea…

Customer Question
Hi, I have a...

Hi, I have a granddaughter 14 months old. She has had diarrhea for the last month. No fever or throwing up. She is Lactose intolerant. We have eliminated foods that could possible cause the diarrhea and I also tried soy formula for the past four days. Nothing seems to help. I can't get her in to see her doctor he is full up to February. Although she does have an appointment in January I could wait until then.. I would just like to know what I should be doing for her.

Doctor's Assistant: How long have you had a fever? Do you have any respiratory symptoms?

She doesn She doesn't have a fever

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

No there is nothing. She is basically healthy.

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Pediatrics
12/12/2017
Pediatrician: Dr. Su S., Pediatrician replied 5 months ago
Dr. Su S.
Dr. Su S., Pediatrician

Greetings,
Thanks for your question.
I am Dr. Su S. I will try my best to help you.
I am reviewing the question now and will reply in a moment.

How many times does she have diarrhea in a day?

How is her feeding? urine output?

Dr. Gupta
Dr. Gupta
Dr. Gupta, Pediatrician