Pediatrics

Have pediatric questions? Ask a pediatrician.

Ask a Doctor,

I have a 10 year old grandson who is complaining of nausea.

Customer Question
I have a 10...

I have a 10 year old grandson who is complaining of nausea. He threw up on Saturday and feels like he needs to again, but so far hasn't. I just took his temperature and it is 89.3 . What does that indicate?

Doctor's Assistant: Have you seen a doctor about this yet? What medications are you taking?

No. He isn't on any medication except a multivitamin.

Doctor's Assistant: What medications do you take daily? Are you allergic to any medications?

This question is for my 10 year old granson!

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

He is a very picky eater and won't eat vegetables.

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Pediatrics
12/12/2017
Pediatrician: Dr Uzair, Doctor (non-pediatrics specialty) replied 4 months ago
Dr Uzair
Dr Uzair, Doctor (non-pediatrics specialty)

Hello, my name is***** and I shall be assisting you today. I'm reviewing your query & will get back to you shortly. Thank you for your patience.

Is he suffering from diarrhea. abdominal pain?

Any street food he ate recently?

He hasn't eaten any street food lately. Has mild abdominal discomfort, but feels like he has to throw up.
Pediatrician: Dr. David, Board Certified Physician replied 4 months ago
Dr. David, Board Certified Physician

This is Dr. David

if he drank some cold water before his oral temp taking, it can drop is oral temperature.

he could have a viral infection causing gastritis or upset stomach

or it could be food poisoning

or poor diet

or excessive stomach acid production.

what did he eat in the last 24 hours?

he may be helped by some mylanta or pepto bismal

Not much pain.
Dr. Yogindra Vasavada
Dr. Yogindra Vasavada
Dr. Yogindra Vasavada, Pediatrician