Pediatrics

Have pediatric questions? Ask a pediatrician.

Ask a Doctor,

My 6 year old started complaining late last night that her…

Customer Question
My 6 year old...

My 6 year old started complaining late last night that her right side hurt. She said it hurt when she sat, walked or laid down. She was still playful so i thought maybe gas. She finally went to sleep but has woken up complaining it still hurts and the pain is now switching back and forth from left to right side. She does have urinary reflux but states it doesnt hurt when she goes pee. No fever.

Doctor's Assistant: Have you had any recent injuries? What seems to make the pain better or worse?

No recent injuries. She said moving around makes it worse but pain still there when she lays down which makes it hard for her to sleep.

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in the child's medical history you think the doctor should know?

No thats it.

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Pediatrics
12/11/2017
Pediatrician: Dr. Su S., Pediatrician replied 5 months ago
Dr. Su S.
Dr. Su S., Pediatrician

Greetings,
Thanks for your question.
I am Dr. Su S. I will try my best to help you.
I am reviewing the question now and will reply in a moment.

How is her bowel habit?

When did she pass stool last? Any tender point or swelling? Any other symptom?

Day before yesterday. No swelling but states if press on side it hurts. She is now saying her tummy hurts. Where she says it hurts is lower right side more towards abdominal area.

There can be gas causing spasm of intestine.

As she passed stool 1 day back it is possible.

An infection or iinflammation is possible too.

If it continues she would need an examination by doctor.

You can give her Tylenol.

Warm application can be soothing.

Best wishes

Ok thank you.

You are always welcome.

Please don't worry.

If you're satisfied please don't forget to leave a positive rating.

Warm regards.

Dr. Su S.
Dr. Su S.
Dr. Su S., Pediatrician