Pediatrics

Have pediatric questions? Ask a pediatrician.

Ask a Doctor,

My son turned 3 yesterday, he's been having consistent

Customer Question
My son turned 3...

My son turned 3 yesterday, he's been having consistent periodic fevers for about a year now. Every month, at least once, lasting for a day up to 12 days with no other symptoms and no infections. The doctors ran test and his mcv and mean platelet volumes comes back low as well as abnormal microcytosis. Is this something I should be concerned about? What could be the cause of his fevers? We're currently waiting on approval to infectious disease doctor. Any input you have would be greatly appreciated.

Doctor's Assistant: How long have you had a fever? Do you have any respiratory symptoms?

No symptoms at all, this current fever is 2 days now. But this has been recurring for over a year.

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in the child's medical history you think the doctor should know?

He's been healthy since birth

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Pediatrics
12/11/2017
Pediatrician: Dr. Yogindra Vasavada, Pediatrician replied 5 months ago
Dr. Yogindra Vasavada
Dr. Yogindra Vasavada, Pediatrician
Hi, sorry about long illness. Could be an infection but no worry if weigh gain is on curve with good food intake, stamina for play and sleep. If repeated blood, urine cultures are clear, hiv also neg, ultimate test could be a petscan.
Good luck.
Dr. Yogindra Vasavada
Dr. Yogindra Vasavada
Dr. Yogindra Vasavada, Pediatrician