Pediatrics

Have pediatric questions? Ask a pediatrician.

Ask a Doctor,

Is there a way to send you a picture of a rash on my son. To…

Customer Question
Hello, is there a...

Hello, is there a way to send you a picture of a rash on my son. To see if it's chicken pocks?

Doctor's Assistant: Have you seen a doctor about this yet? What medications are you taking?

He she came and told me he was really itchy and had bumps. They are popping out fast. With little water bubbles or blisters. No medicines.

Doctor's Assistant: What medications do you take daily? Are you allergic to any medications?

Its my 10 year old son. He isn't allergic to anything. No medications. Nothing different at home.

Doctor's Assistant: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?

He's always been healthy. Besides common colds.

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Pediatrics
Answered in 1 hour by:
12/4/2017
Pediatrician: Dr. Su S., Pediatrician replied 4 months ago
Dr. Su S.
Dr. Su S., Pediatrician

Greetings,
Thanks for your question.
I am Dr. Su S. I will try my best to help you.
I am reviewing the question now and will reply in a moment.

You can attach the picture through the clip icon.

When did the rash appear?

Which area of the body is affected?

Does he have fever, cough or any other symptom?

He has a running nose and cough. That started yesterday. Haven't noticed a fever. About 3:30pm today. He came to tell me he was very itchy and that he had bumps. The picture is not very good. He has a few more on his arm.
He has been vaccinated. He said he had bumps on other areas. To me they just look like in grown hair. The ones on his arm. Have pimple or water bubble look.

Thank you for the input.
Sorry for the delay in answering as your reply reached me late.
I am very sorry for his symptoms.
I would advise to get him examined by his doctor.
The bumps with water bubble in it looks like chicken pox.
It can occur in vaccinated persons too.
The severity of the disease would be less here as he is vaccinated.
Other possibilities are bites, allergy.
You can give him Zyrtec for itching till you can see doctor.
I hope this information will be helpful.
If you have any query, please feel free to ask.
If you are happy with my answer please click on the Excellent/Good rating.
Wish him healthy life.
Regards.

Thank you very much! Hope you have a great night or day!

You are always welcome.
If you are happy with my answers please do not forget to leave a positive rating before signing out.
Wish him early recovery.
Warm Regards.

Dr. Su S.
Dr. Su S.
Dr. Su S., Pediatrician